Hyroglf is an online open-content collaborative web application; that is, a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource of human knowledge. The structure of Hyroglf allows anyone with an Internet connection to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found in Hyroglf has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information.
That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in Hyroglf. However, Hyroglf cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields. Please also be advised that the information you find on the Hyroglf website does not reflect the opinion or views of our owners, developers, hosting companies or partners.
Our goal is to host summarized information and ratings on the quality of information sources. However, we act only as a hosting service, maintaining the infrastructure and organizational framework that allows our users to build Hyroglf by contributing and editing content themselves. Because of our unique role, there are a couple of things you should be aware of when considering our relationship to you, hosted contributions, and the other users:
- Our Services
- Our Content
- Refraining from Certain Activities
- Password Security
- No contract; Licensing of Content
- Third-party Websites and Resources
- Management of Website
- Resolutions and Policies
- Disputes and Jurisdiction
- Limitation on Liability
- Other Terms
1. Our Services
- We do not take an editorial role:Because the Hyroglf posts are collaboratively edited, all of the content that we host is provided by users like yourself, and we do not take an editorial role. This means that we generally do not monitor or edit the content of contributions, and we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content. Instead, we simply provide access to the content that your fellow users have contributed and edited.
- You are responsible for your own actions:You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions on Hyroglf Projects, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least the laws of the United States of America. Although we may not agree with such actions, we warn editors and contributors that authorities may seek to apply other country laws to you, including local laws where you live or where you view or edit content. Hyroglf generally cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
3. Our Content
- You may find some material objectionable or erroneous:Because we provide a wide array of content that is produced or gathered by fellow contributors, you may encounter material that you find offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We therefore ask that you use common sense and proper judgment when using our services.
- Our content is for general informational purposes only:Although we host a great deal of information that pertains to professional topics, including medical, legal, or financial issues, this content is presented for general informational purposes only. It should not be taken as professional advice. Please seek independent professional counseling from someone who is licensed or qualified in the applicable area in lieu of acting on any information, opinion, or advice contained in one of the Project websites.
4. Refraining from Certain Activities
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United States of America or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by the Hyroglf Foundation; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
Engaging in speech or content that promotes hatred or directly attack people based on their:
- National origin
- Religious affiliation
- Sexual orientation
- Sex, gender, or gender identity, or
- Serious disabilities or diseases
People and organizations that promote hatred against protected groups are not welcome to this site. However, in the event that you share content containing someone else’s hate speech for the purpose of raising awareness or educating others about that hate speech, we expect you to clearly indicate your purpose and please be conscious of your audience when sharing such content. We rely on our community to report hate speech and will work hard to remove or limit such sensitive content.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by the Hyroglf community;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on Hyroglf or the networks or servers connected with the Hyroglf website;
- Disrupting the services by inundating any of the Hyrolgf posts with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the Hyroglf website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to Hyroglf (or fix it yourself); and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
Paid contributions without disclosure
- a statement on your user page,
- a statement on the talk page accompanying any paid contributions, or
- a statement in the edit summary accompanying any paid contributions.
Applicable law, or community and Hyroglf policies and guidelines, such as those addressing conflicts of interest, may further limit paid contributions or require more detailed disclosure.
5. Password Security
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
6. No contract; Licensing of Content
Please be aware that all information on Hyroglf is being provided freely and no agreement or contract is created between you and the owners or users of the Hyroglf Site, the owners of the hosting services, other contributors or anyone else who may be connected to this site.
To grow the commons of free knowledge and free culture, all users contributing to Hyroglf are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely for non-commercial purposes, so long as that use is properly attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute is granted to any derivative works. In keeping with our goal of providing free information to the widest possible audience, we require that when necessary all submitted content be licensed so that it is freely reusable by anyone who cares to access it.
7. Third-party Websites and Resources
You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party websites or resources. Although the Hyroglf posts contain links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
8. Management of Website
In an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic user because of significant Hyroglf disturbance or dangerous behavior. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
- Manage otherwise the Hyroglf Site in a manner designed to facilitate their proper functioning and protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and our users, licensors, partners, and the public.
In the interests of our users and the Site, in the extreme circumstance that any individual has had his or her account or access blocked under this provision, he or she is prohibited from creating or using another account on or seeking access to contribute to Hyroglf, unless we provide explicit permission. Hyroglf may also temporarily or permanently block a user at its sole discretion.
Hyroglf and its members may also take action when so allowed by the community or Hyroglf policies applicable to the specific situation, including but not limited to warning, investigating, blocking, or banning users who violate those policies.
9. Resolutions and Policies
Hyroglf may release official policies from time to time. Some of these policies may be mandatory and, when they are, you agree to abide by them as applicable.
11. Disputes and Jurisdiction
At Hyroglf, we do our best to provide educational and informational content to a very wide audience, but your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the types of disclaimers in this section, so they may not apply to you either in part or in full depending on the law.
13. Limitation on Liability
Hyroglf will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall our liability exceed one thousand U.S. dollars (USD 1000.00) in aggregate. In the case that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, although our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
15. Other Terms
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to us, the community, or Hyroglf.